- Servings: 3 to 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes -- Brine 2 hours
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: Approximately 3 hours
|Accent Flavor Enhancer|
|1||Small Chicken, cut up into 8 pieces|
|Dry Rub Seasoning Mix:|
|Chicken Soup Base|
|Pepper, coarsely fresh ground|
|Dried Rosemary, crushed|
1. Do ahead: Make the brine by combining all the brine ingredients
in a pot large enough to hold all the chicken pieces and the water.
Dissolve the salt and Accent in the water, then add the chicken
pieces, (a water filled zip bag will hold chicken down).
Refrigerate the pot for at least 2 hours.
2. Do ahead: Combine all the dry rub ingredients and store in a
covered container until ready to use.
3. Do ahead: Combine all the ingredients for the liquid coating and
4. Preheat the oven to 350*F.
5. Remove the chicken from the brine and pat dry - discard the brine.
Brush the liquid coating over both sides of each piece of chicken
and then sprinkle generously with the dry rub.
6. Heat a grill or grill pan, one with raised ridges, and cook each
chicken piece by laying it on the grill or pan just long enough to
make the distinctive grill marks. Transfer the chicken to a baking
sheet and BAKE in the oven until it is golden brown and cooked
through, at least 20 minutes on each side. The brining will ensure
that the chicken is moist and tender.
NOTE: The Accent (if using) can be substituted for another brand of MSG.