Country Chicken-n-biscuit Casserole
- Servings: 5 to 6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
|8 slices||Bacon, fried and crumbled|
|2½ cups||Leftover Chicken, cooked and cubed|
|1||(10-oz) Pkg. Frozen Mixed Vegetables|
|1½ cups||Shredded Cheddar Cheese|
|1½ cup||Biscuit Mix|
|1 can||French Fried Onions|
|1 can||Cream of Mushroom Soup|
1. Grease an 8x12-inch casserole dish and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine first three ingredients and one cup of the cheddar cheese; put into casserole dish. Blend soup and 3/4 cup of milk; pour over casserole.
3. Bake, covered, for 15 minutes.
4. While it's baking combine the biscuit mix, 2/3 cup of milk, and 1/2 can of onions; mix thoroughly.
5. Drop by spoonfuls to form 6 (six) biscuits around the edge of casserole.
6. Bake, uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
7. Top with remaining onions and cheese and bake another 2 to 3 minutes, until onions are toasted and cheese is melted.